FBR Capital Sees Under Armour (UA) Sell-Off as Buying Opportunity
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FBR Capital analyst Susan Anderson reiterated an Outperform rating and $39 price target on Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE: UA) following Q3 results and the sell-off in the stock. The analyst said the lowered profit guidance provides a buying opportunity.
Anderson commented, "UA posted 3Q16 EPS of $0.29, above FBR/consensus of $0.26/$0.25, driven by +22% top-line growth, vs. FBR/consensus of +24%/+21% and guidance of 20% (see previous note for drivers). Management reiterated 2016 guidance and its long-term top-line guide of $7.5B by 2018 but lowered its EBIT outlook from $800M by 2018 to +MT growth, which implies ~$585M in EBIT. While UA lowered its long-term profit guide, we believe UA can continue to have mid/high 20% top-line growth as new distribution comes on in 2017 and footwear/international grow at accelerated rates over the next couple years (see UA Madness). With 20%-plus top-line growth, UA remains the highest growth apparel/retail company in NA, well above NKE (topline growth of +MSD/+HSD) and LULU (+LDD), and we believe as a result demands a higher multiple. Additionally, while athleticwear is slowing in NA, we see most of UA's opportunity in footwear and international markets where NKE is already significantly penetrated and LULU has less opportunity. We would be buyers on today's sell-off for significant growth over the next couple years and opportunity to return to EBIT margin expansion beyond 2018 and reiterate our Outperform rating."
Shares of Under Armour, Inc. closed at $37.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!