FBR Capital Remains Bullish on Seres Therapeutics (MCRB); Says Sell-Off is 'Overdone'
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and cut the price target to $23.00 (from $43.00), following the company's recent sell-off.
Analyst Vernon Bernardino commented, "We look at MCRB as the leader in advancing the microbiome approach to treating chronic diseases and infections. While we acknowledge that the near-term focus of investors may be how the primary endpoint of reducing the relative risk of infection recurrence in the SER-109 Phase II ECOSPOR clinical study in recurrent Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) was not achieved, we think the stock sell-off since July 29 is overdone. The development of MCRB’s other clinical-stage assets are partnered with Swiss-based Nestle, which has agreed to fund up to one-third of development costs, according to a $1.9B agreement signed in January 2016. MCRB has also signed four other collaborations, which we think represent nascent upside potential in the stock. Since the advancement of SER-109 may take longer than anticipated, we lower our price target from $43 per share, to $23, but we reiterate our Outperform rating."
Shares of Seres Therapeutics closed at $9.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Raises price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $22
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!