FBR Capital Reiterates Outperform on Geron Corp (GERN) Following Disclosed License Agreement
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating and $5.00 price target on Geron Corporation (NASDAQ: GERN) as the company's SEC filing disclosed that Geron Corporation and Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. signed a license agreement. The agreement grants exclusive rights of GERN patients and know-how related to oligonucleotide backbone chemistry and RNAi.
Analyst Thomas Yip commented, "On the morning of September 19, an SEC filing disclosed that Geron Corporation and Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. signed a license agreement for the exclusive global rights of Geron’s patents and know-how related to using oligonucleotide backbone chemistry and RNAi for the treatment of human disorders (excluding blood or bone marrow cancers) with telomerase inhibition as the primary mechanism of action. Geron will receive an up-front payment of $5 million, plus up to $75 million in potential development and regulatory milestone payments and low-single-digit percentage royalties based on global net sales of each licensed product. Geron will continue to uphold the licensed patents and will share 50% of associated costs, while Janssen will be responsible for advancing at least one licensed product and will be solely responsible for future R&D, regulatory, and commercial expenses. This agreement not only provides Geron incremental cash flow and potential future milestone/royalty payments, but we think more importantly strengthens the existing relationship between Geron and Janssen. We reiterate our Outperform rating."
Shares of Geron Corporation closed at $1.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- Short-Seller Hits Back Against Banc of California (BANC); Threatens to Release 'Thousands' of Pages of Documents
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!