FBR Capital Reiterates Outperform on Evoke Pharma (EVOK) Following 2Q Report
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating and $9.00 price target on Evoke Pharma (NASDAQ: EVOK) following the company's 2Q earnings report. EVOK reported a 2Q16 net loss of $3.0 million, or ($0.41)/ share, versus estimates of a net loss of $3.4 million, or ($0.47)/share.
Analyst Vernon Bernardino commented, "On August 15, EVOK announced 2Q16 financial results, highlighted by completion of the company’s pivotal Phase III trial with Gimoti, EVOK’s nasal spray metoclopramide (MCP, formerly known as EVK-001) in women with symptoms associated with diabetic gastroparesis. EVOK announced that the primary endpoint (1EP) of symptom improvement by Week Four was not met, which was unexpected since MCP has been used for 35 years as an efficacious treatment for diabetic gastroparesis. A preliminary review showed that results were not consistent across the study sites; thus, EVOK is conducting a further, detailed analysis of the results that could inform the next steps for Gimoti’s path to approval. We look for detailed results to be a positive catalyst in the next one to three months. We reiterate our Outperform rating."
Shares of Evoke Pharma closed at $2.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!