FBR Capital Reiterates Outperform on Callaway Golf (ELY) Following 3Q Beat
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating and $12.00 price target on Callaway Golf (NYSE: ELY) following the company's 3Q earnings report. ELY reported a 3Q16 EPS beat of ($0.06) versus consensus of ($0.12). The results reflect revenue growth of +6.9% versus consensus of +0.1%. The revenue beat was driven by the Japan apparel joint venture, golf balls (+11.6% versus consensus of +0.1%), and irons (+18.4% versus consensus of +0.1%).
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "Callaway reported a 3Q16 EPS beat of ($0.06) versus FBR/consensus of ($0.12), reflecting better-than-expected sales of $187.9M (+6.9% versus FBR/consensus of +2.5%/+0.1%), GM de-leverage of –210 bps, and operating expense de-leverage of –108 bps. In 3Q, GM was down –216 bps driven by product launch timing, resulting in sales of higher-margin product in 3Q15 versus 3Q16. However, GM is up +110 bps YTD, and ELY still expects ~200 bps of GM expansion for 2016. We view these improvements as positive steps toward ELY's long-term EBIT margin goal of 7% to 8%. We continue to like ELY and believe it is poised for significant growth and margin expansion over the next few years, driven by (1) continued market share gains; (2) greater scale driving leverage in its highly variable cost structure; (3) acquisition opportunities now that ELY has no debt; (4) supply-chain efficiencies; and (5) its minority stake in Topgolf, which is rapidly growing; and (6) golf consolidation."
Shares of Callaway Golf closed at $9.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!