FBR Capital Reiterates Market Perform as Francesca's (FRAN) Appoints New CEO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating and $14.00 price target on Francesca's Holdings (NASDAQ: FRAN) following the company's announced appointment of Steven Lawrence as president and CEO, effective October 10. Interim CEO Richard Kunes will become chairman of the board, and Mr. Lawrence will serve as a class II director. FRAN has also recently hired a new chief merchandising officer, CFO, SVP of marketing and DTC, SVP of IT, VP of real estate, and divisional merchandise manager.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "Yesterday, FRAN's board announced the appointment of Steven Lawrence as president and CEO, effective October 10. Mr. Lawrence most recently served as chief merchandising officer at Stage Stores and prior to that general merchandising manager at JCP. Interim CEO Richard Kunes will become chairman of the board, and Mr. Lawrence will serve as a class II director. We believe Mr. Kunes will remain highly involved in FRAN as Mr. Lawrence transitions to CEO and continues to execute on FRAN's 2020 Vision Plan. The six pillars of the plan are: (1) invigorate merchandising, (2) optimize real estate, (3) enhance the in-boutique experience, (4) expand branding and marketing, (5) develop the online customer experience, and (6) drive outlet channel business. We believe Mr. Lawrence has the right skill set in merchandising and beyond from his previous experience (i.e., store operations, cost programs, etc.) that will prove valuable to FRAN."
Shares of Francesca\'s Holdings closed at $15.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Regardless Of CEO Transition, Multiple Will Contract - Buckingham
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!