FBR Capital Raises Price Target on L Brands (LB) to $75 Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on L Brands (NYSE: LB), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Adjusted EPS of $0.70 came in well above the consensus estimates of $0.57 and guidance at the high end of $0.50–$0.60.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "LB reported a 2Q16 adjusted EPS beat of $0.70, well above FBR/consensus of $0.58/ $0.57 and guidance at the high end of $0.50–$0.60, which was provided August 4 during its July SSS call. LB previously reported 2Q comps of +3%. The EPS beat was reflective of better-than-expected SG&A margin, driven by disciplined expense management and lower incentive comp. Reflective of the $0.10 beat, 2016 EPS guidance was increased to $3.70–$3.85 (versus FBR/consensus of $3.78/$3.73) from $3.60–$3.80 previously. EPS guidance for 3Q16 was initiated below expectations at $0.40–$0.45 (versus FBR/consensus of $0.50/$0.47). LB also increased its 2016 SSS guidance to flat/+LSD (vs. FBR/consensus of +1.3%) from flat. With the recent structural changes, we remain on the sidelines and look for comp stabilization at VS, increased visibility, improvement in beauty, or a more attractive entry point. With that said, we are increasing our price target to $75."
Shares of L Brands closed at $77.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Rambus (RMBS) Following 3Q Report
- Visa (V) PT Trimmed to $93 at Stifel With Initial 2017 Guidance a Touch Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!