FBR Capital Raises Price Target on L Brands (LB) to $75 Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on L Brands (NYSE: LB), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Adjusted EPS of $0.70 came in well above the consensus estimates of $0.57 and guidance at the high end of $0.50–$0.60.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "LB reported a 2Q16 adjusted EPS beat of $0.70, well above FBR/consensus of $0.58/ $0.57 and guidance at the high end of $0.50–$0.60, which was provided August 4 during its July SSS call. LB previously reported 2Q comps of +3%. The EPS beat was reflective of better-than-expected SG&A margin, driven by disciplined expense management and lower incentive comp. Reflective of the $0.10 beat, 2016 EPS guidance was increased to $3.70–$3.85 (versus FBR/consensus of $3.78/$3.73) from $3.60–$3.80 previously. EPS guidance for 3Q16 was initiated below expectations at $0.40–$0.45 (versus FBR/consensus of $0.50/$0.47). LB also increased its 2016 SSS guidance to flat/+LSD (vs. FBR/consensus of +1.3%) from flat. With the recent structural changes, we remain on the sidelines and look for comp stabilization at VS, increased visibility, improvement in beauty, or a more attractive entry point. With that said, we are increasing our price target to $75."
Shares of L Brands closed at $77.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!