FBR Capital Raises Price Target on IberiaBank Corp. (IBKC) to $73; Reiterates Outperform
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil on track for first weekly loss in five weeks on strong dollar
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on IberiaBank (NASDAQ: IBKC), and raised the price target to $73.00 (from $70.00). FBR believes that crude oil prices above $40/bbl are a positive for the energy provision outlook. The prices have fluctuated from $50/bbl to $40/bbl, and are currently at $44.83/bbl. Further, IBKC's current 2016 loan loss provisioning guidance is $45M, based on oil prices below $40/bbl.
Analyst Christopher Nolan commented, "As 3Q16 unfolds, we are raising our price target for IBKC to $73 from $70 and reiterating our Outperform rating. We believe broader macro trends are shaping up to provide a proverbial tailwind to IBKC’s earnings in the second half of 2016. More specifically, we think crude oil prices above $40/bbl are a positive for the energy provision outlook, we view strong nationwide mortgage loan origination volumes as a positive for mortgage banking income in 3Q16, and we do not think IBKC’s commercial real estate (CRE) exposure is likely to become a disproportionate overhang to its share price valuations relative to peers. Further, given that it is highly asset sensitive, we think IBKC’s share price is likely to benefit from any increased market anticipation of a rate rise by the Fed in 2H16."
Shares of IberiaBank closed at $67.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!