FBR Capital Raises Price Target on HomeStreet (HMST) Following Record 3Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on HomeStreet (NASDAQ: HMST), and raised the price target to $30.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. HMST reported 3Q16 operating EPS of $1.12, ahead of the Street's $0.75. Approximately $0.70 is attributable to the residential mortgage banking segment and $0.42 attributable to the commercial and consumer banking segment.
Analyst Paul Miller commented, "After the market close on October 24, HomeStreet, Inc. reported GAAP EPS of $1.11 and operating EPS of $1.12, beating the Street estimate of $0.75 and our estimate of $0.77. This was a record quarter for the company, in which both the mortgage bank and the commercial/consumer bank were strong contributors. Strong refi activity and a rebound in the purchase market boosted mortgage production in the quarter and the company continued to recognize improved operating leverage on the commercial/consumer banking side. While expenses should continue to rise as the company expands the commercial banking platform, we believe operating leverage will continue to improve and that the growth in the segment will benefit the valuation of the stock. Given the healthy macro backdrop for lending, we believe the company has the ability to grow book value rapidly, and we view shares of HMST as valued attractively, currently trading at approximately 1.15x our 2017 year-end TBV estimate of $25.73 per share. We raise our price target to $30 from $29 and highlight HMST as our FBR Alpha Generator pick."
Shares of HomeStreet closed at $24.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, FBR Alpha Generator
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!