FBR Capital Raises Price Target on HomeStreet (HMST) Following Record 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on HomeStreet (NASDAQ: HMST), and raised the price target to $30.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. HMST reported 3Q16 operating EPS of $1.12, ahead of the Street's $0.75. Approximately $0.70 is attributable to the residential mortgage banking segment and $0.42 attributable to the commercial and consumer banking segment.
Analyst Paul Miller commented, "After the market close on October 24, HomeStreet, Inc. reported GAAP EPS of $1.11 and operating EPS of $1.12, beating the Street estimate of $0.75 and our estimate of $0.77. This was a record quarter for the company, in which both the mortgage bank and the commercial/consumer bank were strong contributors. Strong refi activity and a rebound in the purchase market boosted mortgage production in the quarter and the company continued to recognize improved operating leverage on the commercial/consumer banking side. While expenses should continue to rise as the company expands the commercial banking platform, we believe operating leverage will continue to improve and that the growth in the segment will benefit the valuation of the stock. Given the healthy macro backdrop for lending, we believe the company has the ability to grow book value rapidly, and we view shares of HMST as valued attractively, currently trading at approximately 1.15x our 2017 year-end TBV estimate of $25.73 per share. We raise our price target to $30 from $29 and highlight HMST as our FBR Alpha Generator pick."
Shares of HomeStreet closed at $24.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, FBR Alpha Generator
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!