FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Gap, Inc. (GPS) to $28 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS), and raised the price target to $28.00 (from $22.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. GPS reported EPS of $0.60, in line with the Street's estimate. Total revenue growth was 2%. Management maintained the previously guided 2016 EPS of $1.87–$1.92 (versus consensus of $2.12) and noted that the international business continues to be pressured by FX in addition to other macro pressures.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "GPS reported 3Q16 EPS of $0.60, in line with FBR/consensus of $0.60, which excludes a $0.09 negative impact associated with previously announced store closures and streamlining measures and was in line with $0.59–$0.60 EPS guidance provided on November 7 during GPS's October SSS call. The –3% comp for 3Q was primarily driven by the negative impact from the Fishkill distribution center fire. Management reiterated 2016 EPS of $1.87–$1.92 even though 3Q16 was better than expected, implying a lower 4Q16 versus consensus. Management is cautious on 4Q given a fall off in traffic throughout November and additional expenses related to occupancy for the new Times Square flagship, lapping bonus reversals LY, and additional marketing expense. We like the better ON performance, which we believe can continue, but we remain on the sidelines until we see SSS improvement at Gap and sustained gross margin improvement or a more attractive entry point."
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $30.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!