FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Earthstone Energy (ESTE) Following Analysis of Bold Energy Combination
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Earthstone Energy (NYSE: ESTE), and raised the price target to $17.00 (from $14.00), following an analysis of the company's combination with Bold Energy III LLC. The combination is a strategic transaction that establishes a significant operated position in the Midland Basin. Bold investors will effectively receive 36.1 million shares, representing 61% of the combined company, with ESTE stockholders retaining a 39% stake.
Analyst Chad Mabry commented, "We are raising our price target on ESTE to $17 (from $14) following our deeper dive into the company’s strategic combination with Bold Energy. We were initially positive on the transaction—refer to our prior note, "Bold Move: Positive Initial Read on Transformative Acquisition; Reiterate Outperform"—which we felt delivered on investor expectations of expanding Earthstone’s operated position in the Midland Basin. Further updates to our financial model following an investor call on November 9 indicate that the deal is indeed accretive to our NAV. We reiterate our Outperform rating as we believe the pro forma portfolio offers a much more attractive platform for future growth."
Shares of Earthstone Energy closed at $11.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Sigma Designs (SIGM): Revenue Headwinds Drive PT Cut - Baird
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!