FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Callon Petroleum (CPE) to $19 Following Acquisition
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Callon Petroleum (NYSE: CPE), and raised the price target to $19.00 (from $17.00), following the company's acquisition of the Midland Basin. The purchase expands the company's WildHorse operating area in Howard County by 5,667 net acres and 112 net locations for total consideration of $327M.
Analyst Chad Mabry commented, "We are raising our price target on shares of Callon Petroleum to $19 (from $17) following another attractive acquisition within its wheelhouse of the Midland Basin. The stock has been a big winner with year-to-date and quarter-to-date gains of 86% and 38%, respectively, compared to corresponding gains of 29% and 12% for the XOP. The outperformance is all the more impressive as it has occurred in conjunction with three equity offerings, combining for dilution of 100%. However, the company continues to strengthen its portfolio with each deal, and we believe it remains positioned to outperform based on best-in-class assets and execution, peer-leading production and cash flow growth, and a strong balance sheet."
Shares of Callon Petroleum closed at $15.54 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!