FBR Capital Downgrades Trex (TREX) to Market Perform on Valuation
- Energy weighs on S&P, Dow; techs boost Nasdaq
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded Trex (NYSE: TREX) from Outperform to Market Perform and maintains a $61 price target, citing valuation.
Analyst Alex Rygiel commented, "We are downgrading Trex Company to Market Perform from Outperform given the current valuation. The stock is up 84% year to date vs. S&P 500 up 8%, and at $70.14, trades at 26x our 2017 EPS estimate and 14x our 2017 EV/EBITDA estimate, both of which are significant premiums to the peer group averages. Our price target remains $61, which represents 22.5x our 2017 EPS estimate, a 30% premium to the building materials peer group average. We continue to believe that TREX is well positioned to benefit from the overall expected growth in the decking market, as well as market share gains from the industry's conversion from wood to composite decking. As well, we believe TREX has a superior product with strong brand recognition, leading market share of a growing market, and leadership that has a strong track record of creating value for its shareholders. However, given the current valuation, we believe the risk/reward is less attractive."
Shares of Trex closed at $70.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- BTIG Downgrades Essent Group (ESNT) to Neutral
- BTIG Downgrades iRhythm Technologies (IRTC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!