FBR Capital Downgrades Resource Capital Corp (RSO) to Market Perform
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded Resource Capital Corp (NYSE: RSO) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $9.75 (from $13.00).
Analyst Jessica Levi-Ribner commented, "We are downgrading Resource Capital to Market Perform from Outperform following its announcement of a strategic restructuring initiative in which the company will divest non-CRE investments and certain legacy CRE debt investments. As part of this initiative, the company announced that it is cutting its quarterly dividend to $0.05 through 2017, down from the 3Q16 dividend of $0.42, and that Jonathan Cohen, its CEO, president, and director, has been replaced. While these restructuring efforts should be accretive to earnings in the long term, the uncertainty surrounding what the dividend policy will be based on, where earnings power will shake out upon the completion of all restructuring initiatives, and how long it will take to complete these initiatives puts us on the sidelines for now despite the stock trading at a seemingly attractive valuation. As such, in addition to our downgrade, we are lowering our price target to $9.75 from $13, which implies a ~30% discount to our FY17E book value of $13.82."
Shares of Resource Capital Corp closed at $8.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades EMCOR Group (EME) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!