FBR Capital Downgrades PennantPark Investment (PNNT) to Market Perform Following Q4 EPS Miss and Dividend Cut
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded PennantPark Investment (NASDAQ: PNNT) from Outperform to Market Perform and maintains a price target of $8.00 following EPS miss, dividend cut and fee waiver.
Analyst Christopher Nolan commented, "PNNT reported F4Q16 (quarter ended September 30) EPS of $0.21, below our estimate of $0.27 and the consensus mean of $0.26. PNNT also announced that it will reduce its quarterly dividend to $0.18/share from $0.28/share beginning in F2Q17 and will extend its waiver of 16% of management fees through December 2017 to allow additional time for energy investments to recover. Management indicated that it is focusing on lower-risk, secured investments, which we expect will lower investment yields. Although asset quality remained largely steady, energy exposure remained elevated at 11% of investments at fair value. Given this, we do not believe that PNNT will be able to materially narrow its price/NAV valuation discount to peers in the coming quarters and are lowering our EPS estimates and downgrading PNNT shares to Market Perform. We reiterate our $8 price target."
Shares of PennantPark Investment closed at $7.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!