FBR Capital Downgrades PennantPark Investment (PNNT) to Market Perform Following Q4 EPS Miss and Dividend Cut
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded PennantPark Investment (NASDAQ: PNNT) from Outperform to Market Perform and maintains a price target of $8.00 following EPS miss, dividend cut and fee waiver.
Analyst Christopher Nolan commented, "PNNT reported F4Q16 (quarter ended September 30) EPS of $0.21, below our estimate of $0.27 and the consensus mean of $0.26. PNNT also announced that it will reduce its quarterly dividend to $0.18/share from $0.28/share beginning in F2Q17 and will extend its waiver of 16% of management fees through December 2017 to allow additional time for energy investments to recover. Management indicated that it is focusing on lower-risk, secured investments, which we expect will lower investment yields. Although asset quality remained largely steady, energy exposure remained elevated at 11% of investments at fair value. Given this, we do not believe that PNNT will be able to materially narrow its price/NAV valuation discount to peers in the coming quarters and are lowering our EPS estimates and downgrading PNNT shares to Market Perform. We reiterate our $8 price target."
Shares of PennantPark Investment closed at $7.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!