FBR Capital Downgrades MetLife (MET) to Market Perform
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded MetLife (NYSE: MET) from Outperform to Market Perform while maintaining a price target of $54.00.
Analyst Randy Binner commented, "Our analysis shows MET shares efficiently discounting spread, tax, and deregulation factors post election, which we model as benefiting the stock price by $7/share. Thus, the risk/reward has become much less attractive. At the same time, the upcoming spin catalyst and associated buyback are now better priced into shares. MET is trading at 100% of its five-year min/max P/E valuation."
Shares of MetLife closed at $55.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on TEGNA (TGNA) Following Investor Conference
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!