FBR Capital Downgrades MFA Mortgage (MFA) and Two Harbors (TWO) to Market Perform
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Analyst Jessica Levi-Ribner commented, "Following 2Q16 earnings, we are downgrading shares of MFA and TWO to Market Perform from Outperform as shares are now trading at what we believe to be fair levels. Results for 2Q16 were strong for both companies: MFA reported core EPS of $0.20, covering the $0.20 quarterly dividend, and TWO reported core EPS of $0.22, which were just below the $0.23 quarterly dividend. Both companies are executing on their respective strategic initiatives, with MFA allocating more equity to credit investments and maintaining conservative leverage, while TWO continues to grow its commercial mortgage platform and shift capital to agency securities from non-agency securities; however, we believe that potential headwinds may exist and that valuation fairly reflects progress with shares of MFA and TWO trading at ~1.00x BV and ~0.90x BV, respectively. We continue to view both companies as high-quality institutions and all things being equal could become more constructive at more attractive valuations."
Shares of MFA Mortgage closed at $7.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Boston Properties Inc. (BXP) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!