FBR Capital Downgrades Lincoln National (LNC) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital downgraded Lincoln National (NYSE: LNC) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $55.00.
Analyst Randy Binner commented, "The low interest rate environment has left life names range-bound over the past three years, so we use a valuation screen of the last three years of forward P/E data as our primary valuation tool. LNC has moved to 59% of this range versus the peer median of 69% and is just shy of our $55 price target (8.3x our 2017E EPS estimate). While a higher stock market and interest rates could carry LNC higher, beta is 1.9x and we are moving to the sidelines. On July 11, 2016, we downgraded UNM to Underperform and put on a pair with LNC. This trade is +16% in that time and the catalyst of narrowing relative valuation and good LNC results has performed."
Shares of Lincoln National closed at $52.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Needham & Company Downgrades Vascular Solutions (VASC) to Hold Amid Takeover
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!