FBR Capital Downgrades Gastar Exploration Limited (GST) to Market Perform
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded Gastar Exploration Limited (NYSE: GST) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $1.50 (from $1.25).
Analyst Chad Mabry commented, "We are downgrading shares of Gastar Exploration (GST) to Market Perform on valuation. Since we last affirmed our Outperform rating on October 3, 2016, the stock has increased by 64% (versus -1% for the XOP). The latest surge was driven by some major moves in the STACK play, highlighted by a joint development agreement (JDA) and a non-core acreage sale. We are net positive on these developments, which should help delineate the company’s upside potential in the play and enhance its liquidity. Our price target increases to $1.50 (from $1.25) as a result and implies approximately $8,500/acre for its STACK upside (versus recent M&A deals of $10,000 to $12,000). At current levels, we view GST’s risk/reward to be valued fairly."
Shares of Gastar Exploration Limited closed at $1.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Evercore ISI Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15 After Meeting with Management
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!