FBR Capital Downgrades Gastar Exploration Limited (GST) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded Gastar Exploration Limited (NYSE: GST) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $1.50 (from $1.25).
Analyst Chad Mabry commented, "We are downgrading shares of Gastar Exploration (GST) to Market Perform on valuation. Since we last affirmed our Outperform rating on October 3, 2016, the stock has increased by 64% (versus -1% for the XOP). The latest surge was driven by some major moves in the STACK play, highlighted by a joint development agreement (JDA) and a non-core acreage sale. We are net positive on these developments, which should help delineate the company’s upside potential in the play and enhance its liquidity. Our price target increases to $1.50 (from $1.25) as a result and implies approximately $8,500/acre for its STACK upside (versus recent M&A deals of $10,000 to $12,000). At current levels, we view GST’s risk/reward to be valued fairly."
Shares of Gastar Exploration Limited closed at $1.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!