FBR Capital Downgrades Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) to Market Perform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $2.00 (from $12.00).
Analyst Vernon Bernardino commented, "On September 27, Galectin Therapeutics announced that NASH-FX had failed to meet its primary and secondary endpoints. The study was one of two ongoing Phase II clinical trials to evaluate GALT’s galectin-3 inhibitor drug candidate, GRMD-02, in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Only top-line results for safety, tolerability, and the endpoints not met were announced, making it hard to draw conclusions whether there are ramifications for the second trial, NASHCX (cirrhosis). However, as the next major catalyst from the company is likely the announcement of top-line results from NASH-CX, which is anticipated in December 2017, we think current prices of GALT stock reflect a balance between its upside potential and downside risk over the next 12 months. As a result, we lower our rating from Outperform to Market Perform and lower our estimate for fair value of the shares from $12 to $2. We continue to like GALT’s prospects for creating value with the advancement of GR-MD-02 in NASH cirrhosis and look to further details from NASH-FX before revisiting our investment opinion."
Shares of Galectin Therapeutics closed at $1.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!