FBR Capital Downgrades FuelCell Energy (FCEL) to Market Perform - PT to $5.50
- Wall Street lower as oil snaps four-day rally
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ: FCEL) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $5.50 (from $9.00). FCEL disclosed yesterday that it did not win approval to move into contract negotiations for the 63.3 MW project located at Beacon Falls, CT. FBR had expected FCEL to win the Beacon Falls project due to its solid profile and other positive qualitative characteristics. Over the project's first 3.5 years, FCEL expected >$500 million in revenues, which would have made it FCEL's largest project by far.
Analyst Carter Driscoll commented, "Yesterday, FCEL disclosed that it did not win approval to move into contract negotiations for the 63.3 MW project located at Beacon Falls, CT. Management disclosed that there was no explanation provided as to why the project was not selected. There were several positive characteristics that appeared to position the project for success. We suspect, but have not yet been able to verify, that economics may have played a part as the award winners for the tri-state clean energy RFPs were wind and solar projects, which typically have a lower generation cost. Regardless, the loss of the project negatively impacts our FY17 revenue and margin forecasts and we have lowered estimates as a result. While we believe there are still some near-term catalysts, we are less confident in the timing of potential awards and believe the stock is in a "show-me" mode. We are stepping to the sidelines, removing FCEL as our Alpha Generator pick, cutting our price target to $5.50 from $9, and lowering our rating to Market Perform from Outperform."
Shares of FuelCell Energy closed at $3.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Gildan Activewear (GIL) Following Investor Meetings
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesFBR Alpha Generator
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!