FBR Capital Downgrades Ellie Mae (ELLI) to Market Perform on Lower Originations
- Top 10 News for 4/20 - 4/24: Comcast Cancels Time Warner Deal; Teva/Mylan/Perrigo Saga Continues; Big Names, Solid Earnings
- Comcast (CMCSA) Terminates Time Warner Cable (TWC) Merger Agreement (CHTR)
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Sales Beat
- Mylan (MYL) to Begin Cash, Stock Tender of Perrigo (PRGO)
- Biogen (BIIB) Misses Q1 EPS by 6c; Revs Light
FBR Capital downgraded Ellie Mae (NYSE: ELLI) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $29.00 (from $37.00) as mortgage market headwinds are growing ever stronger and earlier this week FBR's Financial Services team lowered its 2014 origination volume target to $1.099 trillion from $1.297 trillion. "This reflects a 40% decline in 2014 from 2013, which is materially worse than market expectations when ELLI provided its 2014 outlook," analyst Samad Samana said.
He added, "Our analysis using these updated estimates suggests the company's guidance and the Street consensus for ELLI are likely to be reduced for 2014 and 2015. We are lowering our growth forecast for 2014 from 18% to 13%."
Shares of Ellie Mae closed at $25.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Downgrades Capital One Financial (COF) to Market Perform
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Upgrades to Buy Mattel (MAT) to Buy as Company, Industry Evolve
- Bernstein's Sacconaghi Previews Apple (AAPL) Q2; Raises Est, PT and Sees Large Capital Return Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!