FBR Capital Downgrades Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) to Market Perform
- Wall Street opens slightly lower as oil falls
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil prices slip as hopes for a deal in Algiers fade
- Mexican and Canadian currencies rise, investors feel Clinton won debate
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/27: (GI) (KITE) (INFI) Higher; (NAT) (SXL) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $7.00 (from $15.00) following disappointing results and outlook.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "ASNA reported an adjusted F4Q16 EPS miss of $0.08 (versus FBR/consensus of $0.17/$0.16 and implied guidance of $0.15–$0.18), driven by worse SSS and expense de-leverage. Justice continued to inflect with a –4% SSS (versus –11% in F3Q16 and an EBITDA margin up +846 bps). However, deterioration at dressbarn and Maurices offset Justice's margin benefit. Our Outperform rating was based on ASNA's ability to achieve at least ~$800M in EBITDA by FY18, which now does not appear feasible. As a result, we lower our rating to Market Perform and our price target to $7.00, from $15.00. Due to continued negative traffic trends/sales, ASNA guided 1Q/FY17 adjusted EPS well below consensus, to $0.16–$0.21/$0.60–$0.65 (versus FBR/consensus of $0.37/$0.38, $0.76/$0.83, and $0.36 and $0.60 in FY16, respectively). We like ASNA for the significant low-hanging-fruit opportunity; but management's goal of $1B EBITDA by FY18 is based on better traffic/SSS trends, which now do not appear achievable. Additionally, we believe ASNA's heavy store base will continue to weigh on expense leverage. (It takes time to right-size.) It appears that turns at dressbarn and Maurices are quarters away, which will also offset any Justice/synergy benefits."
Shares of Ascena Retail Group closed at $8.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Raises Price Target on SYNNEX Corp. (SNX) to $104 Following 3Q Beat and Raise
- Netflix's (NFLX) Price Target Raised to $125 at JPMorgan
- Nomura Securities Cuts Price Target on Carnival Corp. (CCL) to $59
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!