FBR Capital Downgrades American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $19.00 (from $22.00).
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "We are downgrading AEO to Market Perform from Outperform as AEO is up +17% since we upgraded it on August 26, 2015. We are also lowering our PT to $19 from $22, based on 13x our 2017 EPS estimate, which is unchanged at $1.45. With the recent increase in stock price coupled with recent higher promotions for several weeks of 3Q16, we believe AEO is fairly valued at current levels. AEO trades at 13x FY2 P/E, and at these levels, we believe the risk/reward is fairly balanced with risks from tougher 3Q compares, somewhat higher promos in 3Q, and a continued competitive environment for AE, offset by a easier 4Q compares, consolidation benefits, and growth from aerie/international."
Shares of American Eagle Outfitters closed at $18.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!