FBR Capital Downgrades American Axle (AXL) to Underperform; 31% of Long-Lived Assets in Mexico
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded American Axle (NYSE: AXL) from Market Perform to Underperform with a price target of $12.00 (from $16.00) following Trump victory and SAAR plateau.
Analyst Christopher Van Horn commented, "American Axle has 31% of its long-lived assets in Mexico, per the latest filings. The company derives about 27% of its revenue from customers based there. In our view, this means that Trump's potential disruption of NAFTA presents a substantially higher risk to American Axle than it does to certain other suppliers. Sentiment in this stock weakened on the heels of the planned acquisition of Metaldyne Performance Group, which we discussed in a note last week (available here). Given the challenging environment that AXL shares already faced, we believe that until Trump's trade policy becomes clearer, American Axle could underperform its peers. We reduce our rating to Underperform from Market Perform, and our price target to $12 from $16. This new level represents a more highly risked equity value for AXL shares going into the Metaldyne transaction"
Shares of American Axle closed at $13.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!