FBR Capital Downgrades Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) to Underperform
- Wall Street turns defensive on Trump's protectionist stance
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital downgraded Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) from Market Perform to Underperform with a price target of $14.00 (from $19.00) to reflect recent promo trends and stock risk/reward at its current valuation.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "We are downgrading ANF to a Underperform from Market Perform as ANF is now up +6.1% over the past month but more importantly trades at 23x FY2 P/E, the highest in our spec retail coverage. Our U.S. checks have shown increasing promos YOY at Hollister and higher clearance for most of the quarter, which indicates Hollister comps have likely slowed from 2Q. A&F U.S. promos and clearance have also been higher YOY for most of the quarter. Additionally, ANF is up against difficult international SSS compares in 2H16 as it cycles the lowering of prices that began in 3Q15. As a result, we are lowering our total 3Q16 SSS estimate to –5.0% from –3.9% (Street at –4.1%), driven by lower U.S. and international estimates. We are also lowering our 2016 EPS estimate to $0.36 from $0.45 and versus the Street at $0.46 (see additional changes in body). Our PT goes to $14 from $19, which is potentially a ~16% downside from current levels."
Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch closed at $16.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Flowserve Corp. (FLS) to Buy
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) PT Raised to $110 at Aegis Capital
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Rockwell Collins (COL) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!