FBR Capital Downgrades Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) to Underperform
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital downgraded Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) from Market Perform to Underperform with a price target of $14.00 (from $19.00) to reflect recent promo trends and stock risk/reward at its current valuation.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "We are downgrading ANF to a Underperform from Market Perform as ANF is now up +6.1% over the past month but more importantly trades at 23x FY2 P/E, the highest in our spec retail coverage. Our U.S. checks have shown increasing promos YOY at Hollister and higher clearance for most of the quarter, which indicates Hollister comps have likely slowed from 2Q. A&F U.S. promos and clearance have also been higher YOY for most of the quarter. Additionally, ANF is up against difficult international SSS compares in 2H16 as it cycles the lowering of prices that began in 3Q15. As a result, we are lowering our total 3Q16 SSS estimate to –5.0% from –3.9% (Street at –4.1%), driven by lower U.S. and international estimates. We are also lowering our 2016 EPS estimate to $0.36 from $0.45 and versus the Street at $0.46 (see additional changes in body). Our PT goes to $14 from $19, which is potentially a ~16% downside from current levels."
Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch closed at $16.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!