FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on SolarEdge Technologies (SEDG) Following 4Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital maintained an Outperform rating on SolarEdge Technologies (NASDAQ: SEDG), and cut the price target to $32.00 (from $38.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. SEDG delivered revenues of $124.8M and non-GAAP EPS of $0.44. The company also grew operating cash by $17.3M and now has $4.08/share in net cash.
Analyst Carter Driscoll commented, "Yesterday, August 9, SEDG delivered F4Q16 results that we think should put some of the more bearish fears to rest. While revenues were at the low-end of the guided range, gross margins exceeded the range, suggesting SEDG continues to value sustained profitability above chasing a few points of less profitable market share. SEDG is increasingly diversified geographically and by customer as improving sales to Germany, the Netherlands, and Australia offset a weak U.S. residential market. SEDG believes the U.S. residential slowdown is a temporary reaction to the ITC extension, and we agree. With 2%–3% U.S. residential solar market penetration, management believes the U.S. market could grow 30%+ for some time. ASP pressure remains manageable, falling 2.7% per watt in F4Q16, which was within SEDG's planned 5%– 10% annual decline. As SEDG ramps up its new HD Wave inverter architecture over the next four quarters, we believe the company should continue to stay ahead of ASP declines, keeping the margin profile intact. Given the very negative sentiment surrounding the solar space, we have lowered our FY17 target multiple assumption from 19x to 16x, which causes our price target to fall to $32 from $38."
Shares of SolarEdge Technologies closed at $18.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!