FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Government Properties Income Trust (NASDAQ: GOV), and cut the price target to $25.00 (from $27.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. GOV's results missed estimates partially on temporarily higher-than-expected "other" expenses. FFO/share was $0.54, below the consensus of $0.57.
Analyst Bryan Maher commented, "Government Properties reported 3Q16 results that are best characterized as mixed. Adjusted EBITDA of $47.1 million was above consensus ($41.8 million), although that was skewed lower by an outlier analyst, but was shy of our $48.2 million estimate as expenses were about $1.5 million above our estimate. Management characterized a portion of this as one-time in nature on the earnings call. FFO/share was $0.54, below both our estimate and consensus of $0.58 and $0.57, respectively. One item impacting the shortfall was slightly higher interest expense related to GOV's 2Q16 $310 million senior unsecured notes offering and slightly higher LIBOR rates impacting its floating rate debt. Aside from this, same property occupancy levels improved to 95.2%, from 94.4% at 2Q16 and 93.8% at 3Q15. We had modeled for 94.6%. In short, it was a decent quarter negatively impacted by interest rates and some one-time items. The downside is the interest rate impact is not likely to abate and rising rates could pressure all REIT shares over the near term. We remain constructive on GOV shares and maintain our Outperform rating."
Shares of Government Properties closed at $19.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!