FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Government Properties Income Trust (NASDAQ: GOV), and cut the price target to $25.00 (from $27.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. GOV's results missed estimates partially on temporarily higher-than-expected "other" expenses. FFO/share was $0.54, below the consensus of $0.57.
Analyst Bryan Maher commented, "Government Properties reported 3Q16 results that are best characterized as mixed. Adjusted EBITDA of $47.1 million was above consensus ($41.8 million), although that was skewed lower by an outlier analyst, but was shy of our $48.2 million estimate as expenses were about $1.5 million above our estimate. Management characterized a portion of this as one-time in nature on the earnings call. FFO/share was $0.54, below both our estimate and consensus of $0.58 and $0.57, respectively. One item impacting the shortfall was slightly higher interest expense related to GOV's 2Q16 $310 million senior unsecured notes offering and slightly higher LIBOR rates impacting its floating rate debt. Aside from this, same property occupancy levels improved to 95.2%, from 94.4% at 2Q16 and 93.8% at 3Q15. We had modeled for 94.6%. In short, it was a decent quarter negatively impacted by interest rates and some one-time items. The downside is the interest rate impact is not likely to abate and rising rates could pressure all REIT shares over the near term. We remain constructive on GOV shares and maintain our Outperform rating."
Shares of Government Properties closed at $19.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!