FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Gastar Exploration (GST) Following 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital maintained a Market Perform rating on Gastar Exploration Limited (NYSE: GST), and cut the price target to $1.00 (from $1.50), following the company's 3Q earnings report. GST reported 3Q16 Adjusted EPS of ($0.08), missing consensus by a penny. The company’s recent asset sale and JDA have enhanced its liquidity position and reduced its capex burden. FBR estimates that GST will finish the year with $88 million in cash.
Analyst Chad Mabry commented, "We maintain our Market Perform rating on shares of Gastar Exploration while lowering our price target to $1.00 (from $1.50). GST reported 3Q16 earnings after the close on Thursday, November 3, with investors intently focused on results from the company’s STACK drilling program. In our view, the lack of definitive data points from either the Osage or Oswego test is a net negative that increases the risk profile of GST’s position in the play. However, the joint venture drilling program is underway and should help accelerate delineation, which could cause us to reassess our rating."
Shares of Gastar Exploration Limited closed at $1.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- JPMorgan Cuts Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral Amid Challenging Generic Environment
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!