FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on First NBC Bank Holding (FNBC) Following 2Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital maintained a Market Perform rating on First NBC Bank Holding (NASDAQ: FNBC), and cut the price target to $8.00 (from $13.50), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Shares have traded down 35% since the release and since the Atlanta Fed deemed the company a "Troubled Institution". FBR maintained EPS estimates for 2016 of $2.00 and for 2017 of $2.00.
Analyst Christopher Nolan commented, "We are lowering our 12 month price target for FNBC to $8.00 from $13.50 and reiterating our Market Perform rating. We are also removing our short-term trading target range of $11.50–$12.00. Since FNBC released its delayed 2Q16 10-Q intraday on October 20, its share price has declined 35%. The catalyst for this decline was included in the 10-Q, that the company was formally deemed a "Troubled Institution" by the Atlanta Fed. In our view, given the litany of other issues FNBC has faced in past months, this may be an effort by regulators to prod FNBC’s board to replace management or sell the company. Regardless, we believe the strategic options available to FNBC are narrowing and the possibility of a sale of the company has grown. But, given the DTA, asset quality issues, risk of core deposit attrition, and general opacity of FNBC's business model, we think investors will be cautious in assigning much of a takeout premium to FNBC shares. We estimate in a sale FNBC could be worth $11.50/share."
Shares of First NBC Bank closed at $7.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!