FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 2Q EPS Miss
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on Express Inc. (NYSE: EXPR), and cut the price target to $13.00 (from $18.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EXPR reported an EPS miss of $0.13, versus the consensus of $0.17.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "EXPR reported a 2Q16 EPS miss of $0.13, versus FBR/consensus of $0.17. SSS and GM were below expectations, driven by declines in traffic and lack of clarity across the assortment. EXPR launched new order management, retail management, and enterprise planning systems, which should benefit inventory management and lay the foundation for omni capabilities (ship from store, reserve in store, pick up in store, etc.). Management also just announced another $30M to $40M of annualized savings. However, we believe traffic will continue to pressure in 2H16, which is reflected in the 3Q16 and 2016 guidance that came in well below consensus. We remain on the sidelines until we see a rebound in SSS/traffic, consistent execution, and earnings growth. Reflective of lowered guidance and lack of visibility, we lower our estimates and adjust our price target to $13 from $18."
Shares of Express Inc. closed at $11.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Arc Logistics Partners (ARCX) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!