FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 2Q EPS Miss
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on Express Inc. (NYSE: EXPR), and cut the price target to $13.00 (from $18.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EXPR reported an EPS miss of $0.13, versus the consensus of $0.17.
Analyst Susan Anderson commented, "EXPR reported a 2Q16 EPS miss of $0.13, versus FBR/consensus of $0.17. SSS and GM were below expectations, driven by declines in traffic and lack of clarity across the assortment. EXPR launched new order management, retail management, and enterprise planning systems, which should benefit inventory management and lay the foundation for omni capabilities (ship from store, reserve in store, pick up in store, etc.). Management also just announced another $30M to $40M of annualized savings. However, we believe traffic will continue to pressure in 2H16, which is reflected in the 3Q16 and 2016 guidance that came in well below consensus. We remain on the sidelines until we see a rebound in SSS/traffic, consistent execution, and earnings growth. Reflective of lowered guidance and lack of visibility, we lower our estimates and adjust our price target to $13 from $18."
Shares of Express Inc. closed at $11.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!