FBR Capital Cuts Price Target as Liberty Interactive (QVCA) Reports 2Q Results
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Liberty Interactive (NASDAQ: QVCA), and cut the price target to $25.00 (from $30.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. The June swoon was shocking because the last time QVC saw anything like this was the Great Recession. FBR now assumes a 7% revenue decline and 230 bps of gross margin erosion in 3Q.
Analyst Barton Crockett commented, "We cut our QVC estimates and price target after the company's surprise June swoon, disclosed on the 2Q16 earnings report on Friday, August 5, when U.S. revenues shockingly pivoted from mid-single-digit growth in April and May to midto high-single-digit declines in June, July, and early August. So, instead of our former estimate of 1% growth for QVC in the U.S. in 3Q16, we now assume a 7% revenue decline and 230 bps of gross margin erosion (similar to 3Q08). But we also presume that QVC does what it is designed for and responds quickly to a changing consumer environment, easing to a 3% U.S. revenue drop and 100 bps of gross margin pressure in 4Q16, and then 3% U.S. growth on steady margins in 2017 against easy comps. We believe that, if this plays out, over the next year, the stock can recover most of the 20% drop of last Friday. So we retain our Outperform rating but cut our price target by $5.00, to $25.00. (For more on the quarter, please see our note, "2Q16 React: In Line, but Spooky June," dated August 5, 2016.)"
Shares of QVC Group closed at $21.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Columbia Sportswear (COLM) to $72; Reiterates Outperform
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $25 Following CES 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!