FBR Capital Cuts Price Target as FuelCell Energy (FCEL) is Shut out of Clean Energy RFP
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital maintained a Market Perform rating on FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ: FCEL), and cut the price target to $3.00 (from $5.50), following the announced the winners of the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's clean energy RFP. FCEL was not among the winning bids. The company had bid multiple projects of various sizes into the RFP totaling more than 50 MW.
Analyst Carter Driscoll commented, "On October 27, the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) privately announced the winners of its 2-20 MW (projects could not exceed 20 MW) clean energy RFP that had 100 bids into the program. Yesterday, the DEEP selected 25 projects totaling 402 MW to move forward with contract negotiations, 11 of which were Connecticut-based projects including nine solar, one wind, and one energy efficiency totaling 170 MW, but excluded any fuel cells projects. FCEL had bid multiple projects of various sizes into the RFP totaling more than 50 MW. Similar to last month when FCEL did not have its Beacon Falls project advance within a tri-state clean energy RFP, we believe the cost of generation was a primary factor in the selection process as wind and solar projects have a lower generation cost. While there are still some near-term catalysts, the loss of Beacon Falls and CT 2-20 MW awards negatively affects our FY17 forecasted revenue and margins, and we have lowered estimates as a result. We are cutting our price target to $3 from $5.50."
Shares of FuelCell Energy closed at $2.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- Credit Suisse Downgrades Murphy Oil Corp. (MUR) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!