FBR Capital Assumes 3D Systems (DDD) at Market Perform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital assumes coverage on 3D Systems (NYSE: DDD) with a Market Perform rating and a price target of $18.00.
New analyst Christopher Van Horn commented, " As the additive manufacturing sector's second-largest player, and with exposure to diverse technologies within the sector, 3D Systems, we think, stands to gain from industry growth. However, we find the immediate story one of transition, relative to the valuation. Diversification brings with it exposure to accelerating innovation amongst smaller competitors across the additive spectrum. What is more:Diversification, in this case, precludes a “best in class” title; specialists like Stratasys earn this, in our view. As the company expands into metals, which are an essential growth angle for the industry as a whole, we could see this change; but, with general adoption trends slow, the near term appears bumpy. Finally, management has been highly cautious about providing any financial guidance, and we believe that this remains a further near-term overhang on what is otherwise a well-diversified company with a bright long-term future."
Shares of 3D Systems closed at $17.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!