FBR Affirms Intercept Pharma (ICPT) at 'Market Perform'; Upside/Downside Balanced Amid Phase 3 POISE Publication
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FBR & Co. affirms Intercept Pharma (Nasdaq: ICPT) with a Market Perform rating and $200 price target after the company announced that the New England Journal of Medicine published the key results of the Phase 3 POISE trial of Ocaliva (obeticholic acid) for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cholangitis, formerly known as primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC).
We think POISE’s publication in the NEJM could help educate healthcare providers and validate OCA as a new treatment option for PBC. We believe that upside potential and downside risk are evenly balanced in ICPT stock.
Analyses of POISE results presented in the NEJM publication include data on OCA’s effects on markers of inflammation and liver damage, as well as non-invasive measures of fibrosis. Due to the modest duration of the study (12 months), POISE was not designed to assess OCA's effects on fibrosis. Thus, although positive changes in markers of inflammation and liver damage were observed, a change in fibrosis was not expected. Notably, the levels of cleaved cytokeratin 18 (cCK18), a marker of liver cell death, decreased significantly from baseline with OCA treatment versus placebo (p<0.0001), pointing to decreased liver damage.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!