FBR Affirms CytRx (CYTR) at 'Outperform' Following Strong Aldoxorubicin Phase 1b/2 Data
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/20: (DRWI) (MBRX) (SPU) Higher; (RIGL) (FLXS) (DXPE) Lower
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Verizon Communications (VZ) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR & Co. affirms CytRx Corporation (Nasdaq: CYTR) at Outperform with a price target of $3 after the company presented results from its on-going Phase 1b/2 trial of aldoxorubicin in combination with ifosfamide/mesna in patients with advanced sarcomas.
Analyst Christopher James commented today,
Today's data demonstrated that more than one-third of evaluable patients achieved a partial response for the target lesion and 61% had prolonged stable disease. While there were nine treatment-associated serious adverse events (SEAs), we point out that no cardiotoxic signals were observed. We believe the final results could represent a positive catalyst for the stock, and reiterate our Outperform rating.
Phase Ib/II study evaluated 36 patients dosed with either 170mg/m2 or 250mg/m2 of aldoxorubicin in combination with ifosfamide/mesna. Interim data demonstrated partial response of the target lesion in 36% of patients, and stable disease in 61% of patients. Six patients, who previously did not qualify for resection were able to achieve over 50% tumor shrinkage over the course of the study, and only one patient showed progressive disease. There were nine SEAs and no treatment-related deaths reported for the study. Importantly, no significant cardiac or dose-limiting toxicities were observed. The company announced that the study will enroll additional patients in the 250mg/m2 dose group.
Shares of CytRx Corp closed at $0.54 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roth Affirms Applied Genetic Tech (AGTC) at 'Neutral' Amid CNGA3 IND Filing; Application Expands Present Pipeline
- Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO) ABO-102 Data is a 'Promising Start' - Cantor Fitzgerald
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Vail Resorts (MTN) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!