FBR Affirms Ballard Power (BLDP) at 'Outperform'; New Solaris Agreement Validates Model
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Analyst Carter Driscoll commented,
After the market close today, November 29, BLDP announced it had signed Solaris Bus & Coach, a Poland-based but pan-European manufacturer of a variety of buses and trams, to a long-term sales agreement. Under an initial order, BLDP will supply Solaris with 85 kW heavy-duty (HD) fuel cell modules for 10 trolley buses to extend range. We estimate an ASP of ~$200,000 per module or $2 million in revenue. BLDP expects to deliver the majority, if not all, of the modules in 2017, depending on how fast Solaris can deliver the trolley model, for deployment in Latvia. Solaris is an experienced OEM serving more than 30 European countries and manufacturing over 15,000 vehicles to date. BLDP's 85 kW HD module is deployed in other European cities such as London, so we see little risk to this initial order.
We view the agreement as (1) continued validation that OEMs are increasingly incorporating BLDP's fuel cells into commercial electric vehicles in Europe and (2) market adoption of HD electric vehicles beyond China.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ballard Subsidiary Protonex Achieves Commercial Export Status For Power Manager Products
- Barclays Downgrades Camden Property Trust (CPT) to Equalweight
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!