FBN Securities Starts Symantec (SYMC) at Outperform
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBN Securities initiated coverage on Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $29. Analyst Shebly Seyrafi sees benefits from its Blue Coat acquisition.
"The company had traditionally been focused on the consumer security market where its leading anti-virus (AV) solutions (Norton) have, along with those from Intel’s McAfee segment, MSFT (Microsoft Essentials), Trend Micro, and AVG, been the key AV solutions in the market. The consumer security market is mature (we project this market to decline at around 2% per year) but is a very high margin (56% operating margin last quarter) segment which SYMC can use to make investments in the faster-growing but (currently) low-margin enterprise security market (6% operating margin last quarter). Note that if, as we believe, SYMC produces a free cash flow (FCF) of over $1B in F2018, then its FCF yield at the current share price is over 6.5%, which is quite attractive," said Seyrafi.
The analyst added, "We believe that through the combination of cost reduction actions, increased scale, and integration of Blue Coat Systems, SYMC can increase its enterprise security operating margin from 6% last quarter to 26% by the end of F2018."
Shares of Symantec closed at $24.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesMcAfee Intel Merger, Definitive Agreement, Shebly Seyrafi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!