FBN Lifts PT on Western Digital (WDC) to $55 Amid Positive Q1 Preannouncement
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBN Securities boosts its price target on Outperform-rated Western Digital (Nasdaq: WDC) from $50 to $55 following increased Q1 guidance issued earlier Wednesday.
Analyst Shebly Seyrafi commented today,
We retain our Sector Perform rating on WDC and raise our PT from $50 to $55 following its positive preannouncement for FQ1/Sept. made today before the company presents at an investment conference. FQ1 revenue is now guided to be $4.45-$4.55B, above the prior $4.4-$4.5B guidance, due to better than expected execution, continued progress in integrating the WD and HGST subsidiaries, the ability to address a larger number of customers with a broad portfolio of HDD and flash storage, and better-than-expected product mix. MG is expected to be ~33% (higher than the prior 32% guidance), NG opex is expected to be $905M (higher than the prior $875M guidance due to higher incentive compensation due to the stronger performance). NG EPS is expected to be $1.00-$1.05, above the prior $.85-$.90 estimate. This preannouncement comes roughly two months after its positive preannouncement made for FQ4 made on July 8 (when it stated that revenue would be at the high-end of its guidance with EPS above guidance). We believe that WDC’s positive preannouncement is an incremental positive for HPQ (SP-rated) as well as HPE (O-rated) which reports tonight.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
- RBC Capital Downgrades Concordia Healthcare (CXRX) to Underperform, $1 PT
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $72 at Mizuho Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesShebly Seyrafi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!