FBN Lifts PT on Western Digital (WDC) to $55 Amid Positive Q1 Preannouncement
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBN Securities boosts its price target on Outperform-rated Western Digital (Nasdaq: WDC) from $50 to $55 following increased Q1 guidance issued earlier Wednesday.
Analyst Shebly Seyrafi commented today,
We retain our Sector Perform rating on WDC and raise our PT from $50 to $55 following its positive preannouncement for FQ1/Sept. made today before the company presents at an investment conference. FQ1 revenue is now guided to be $4.45-$4.55B, above the prior $4.4-$4.5B guidance, due to better than expected execution, continued progress in integrating the WD and HGST subsidiaries, the ability to address a larger number of customers with a broad portfolio of HDD and flash storage, and better-than-expected product mix. MG is expected to be ~33% (higher than the prior 32% guidance), NG opex is expected to be $905M (higher than the prior $875M guidance due to higher incentive compensation due to the stronger performance). NG EPS is expected to be $1.00-$1.05, above the prior $.85-$.90 estimate. This preannouncement comes roughly two months after its positive preannouncement made for FQ4 made on July 8 (when it stated that revenue would be at the high-end of its guidance with EPS above guidance). We believe that WDC’s positive preannouncement is an incremental positive for HPQ (SP-rated) as well as HPE (O-rated) which reports tonight.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesShebly Seyrafi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!