Evercore ISI Upgrades The Priceline Group (PCLN) to Buy
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Evercore ISI analyst, Ken Sena, upgraded shares of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN) to Buy. Through Booking.com, PCLN offers scale advantage, characterized by its leading global position in travel and deep penetration of independents and the European OTA market (both >50% currently), execution track record, and value. Moreover, in terms of execution, PCLN's growth leads peers on ~2x the base as the company expands into large and underpenetrated markets, while creating additional stickiness for its platform in the way of enterprise services.
On valuation, at 17x 2017 Adj. EPS, PCLN trades in line to below travel peers despite greater scale and faster growth. Therefore the analyst is raising the PT to $1,650.00 (from $1,350.00).
Shares of The Priceline Group closed at $1427.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Trex (TREX) to $58; Reiterates Neutral
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on GameStop (GME) to $28; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!