Evercore ISI Starts Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Evercore ISI initiates coverage on Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ: TBPH) with a Buy rating and a price target of $41.00.
Analyst Umer Raffat notes the key focus is around a gut-release pan-JAK inhibitor for ulcerative colitis & crohn's disease. Potential proof of concept data possible in 1H:17.
He said if
Theravance can show Xeljanz-like efficacy (despite minimal systemic exposure), this program may generate a lot of excitement.
Risk/reward on data is skewed to the upside - 2:1:
- JAK fails completely --> $18/share
- JAK makes us feel comfortable assigning at least 25% probability of success --> $46/share
- Current stock price: $28/share
Shares of Theravance Biopharma closed at $28.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RCI Hospitality Holdings (RICK) Gains as Sidoti & Co. Sets Aggressive Price Target
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!