Evercore ISI Starts Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Evercore ISI initiates coverage on Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ: TBPH) with a Buy rating and a price target of $41.00.
Analyst Umer Raffat notes the key focus is around a gut-release pan-JAK inhibitor for ulcerative colitis & crohn's disease. Potential proof of concept data possible in 1H:17.
He said if
Theravance can show Xeljanz-like efficacy (despite minimal systemic exposure), this program may generate a lot of excitement.
Risk/reward on data is skewed to the upside - 2:1:
- JAK fails completely --> $18/share
- JAK makes us feel comfortable assigning at least 25% probability of success --> $46/share
- Current stock price: $28/share
Shares of Theravance Biopharma closed at $28.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) PT Raised to $35 at Leerink Partners
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!