Evercore ISI Sees More Risk Than Reward in Twitter (TWTR); Analyst Cuts Rating o 'Sell'
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 18, 2016 6:24 AM EDT)
Evercore ISI downgraded Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) from Hold to Sell with a price target of $17 (from $18). Analyst Ken Sena said usage growth and engagement was still a challenge, and he sees more risk than reward.
"A real-time data source such as TWTR strapped to a large data and infrastructure stack could be very exciting, which we surmise as underlying some of the stock’s recent move. However, as broadcasting capabilities permeate competing social platforms that are winning influence with TWTR users and advertisers, which recent traffic patterns and management commentary citing its ad pricing premium confirm, we see more risk than reward, particularly ahead of Snapchat’s anticipated monetization ramp this fall," said Sena.
The analyst added, "Moreover, where execution is concerned, the company’s 3Q revenue forecast implies just 5% growth at the midpoint, roughly 1/10th FB's recent rate, on roughly 1/10th FB’s revenue scale. Also, when adjusted for growth and / or Stock comp, we believe TWTR to be currently trading at or above what MSFT paid for LNKD in June, despite its revenues being its revenues being much less recurring."
Shares of Twitter, Inc. closed at $20.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pacific Crest Resumes Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) at Sector Weight
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
- JPMorgan Cuts Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral Amid Challenging Generic Environment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!