Evercore ISI Reiterates Buy on Parker Drilling (PKD) After Meeting with Management
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Evercore ISI reiterated a Buy rating and $3.50 price target on Parker Drilling (NYSE: PKD) after hosting company management for investment meetings. CEO Gary Rich’s message centered around his team’s focus on ROC and cash flow, implicitly suggesting the stock deserves a rerating, as the team looks to transition PKD’s business model to one that actually creates value for shareholders instead of just another OFS momentum stock.
Analyst James West commented, "We had the pleasure of hosting PKD's Chairman, President and CEO, Gary Rich, and VP of IR and Corporate Development, Jason Geach, for investor meetings in NYC and Boston last week. Overall, the company's focus remains on managing through the trough: preserving cash, limiting costs and capex, and effectively managing working capital while maintaining an eye for the eventual upturn and the long-term capabilities of its asset base. Since the 2Q conference call in early August, the quarter is playing out largely in line with the company's expectations and management remains skeptical that the recent rebound in WTI will drive a material improvement in results through the remainder of the year. Following the meetings we came away slightly more pessimistic on pricing power in the short-term (next 18 months) for U.S. Rental tools given the current oversupply, but our thesis remains largely unchanged: PKD’s current equity value underestimates the company’s future FCF potential and accompanying returns as liquidity and margins remain relatively strong, the company has no maturities until 2020, and management continues to execute very well through the downturn, gaining share in key businesses and stringently cutting costs. We reiterate our Buy rating and $3.50 PT based on our SOTP analysis."
Shares of Parker Drilling closed at $2.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Deutsch Bank Raises Price Targets on Steel & Service Center Names (AKS) (NUE) (RS) (RYI) (STLD) (X)
- MKM Partners Favors Asset-Light Lodging Stocks; Updates Ratings - (BEL) (CHH) (H) (HLT) (IHG) (MAR) (STAY) (WYN)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!