Evercore ISI Re=Starts Dril-Quip (DRQ) at Buy
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Evercore ISI reinitiates coverage on Dril-Quip (NYSE: DRQ) with a Buy rating and a price target of $59.00 following its acquisition of TIW Corporation.
Analyst James West commented, "TIW Corporation was a privately-owned manufacturer of consumable downhole products for the oil and gas industry. While DRQ already offered a line of conventional liner hanger systems, the acquisition adds expandable liner hanger systems to DRQ's technology portfolio. Liner hanger systems are used downhole during the well construction phase to block the formation's flow channel. Expandable systems are highly desired for HPHT and deepwater applications as they reduce material costs while providing greater well flexibility. For reference, Halliburton grew its VersaFlex™ expandable liner hanger systems business by +40% annually from 2010-2012, but agreed to divest it in October 2015 in pursuit of the failed Baker Hughes acquisition. Baker Oil Tools invented the liner hanger system and is the undisputed industry leader, while Weatherford is also a key supplier to the industry having installed its first expandable liner hanger system in 2002. The acquisition of TIW vaults DRQ to fourth place behind these large integrated services providers and provides a platform for DRQ to continue growing its portfolio of downhole tools."
He added, "In addition, the acquisition of TIW expands DRQ's addressable market opportunities both onshore and internationally."
Shares of Dril-Quip closed at $53.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Rockwell Collins (COL) at Hold
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts TransDigm (TDG) at Buy
- Oppenheimer Starts Portola Pharmaceuticals (PTLA) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!