Evercore ISI Raffat Highlights New Development on Teva Pharma (TEVA) from Copaxone Hearing
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Evercore ISI analyst Umer Raffat reports on Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) from the 7-day district court hearing on Copaxone 2030 patents, noting while uneventful so far today there is a new tidbit that's worth highlighting"
New evidence emerged this morning which weakens Teva's case further: supposedly, Teva submitted a protocol to FDA for GALA trial (which is on label for Copaxone 40 mg). In this trial protocol, Teva referenced Flechter and Cohen prior arts as one of the reasons for pursuing 40 mg 3x/week dose in GALA trial.
He said the statement weakens Teva's case materially … but, there are 3 points to make:
- Technically, this trial protocol was NOT public … meaning, a person skilled in the art technically didn't have access to it
- Judge Sleet will decide later today whether this trial protocol is admissible for Mylan expert's testimony (Dr. Green)
- However, even if this trial protocol is not admissible as prior art for obviousness, it may sway Judge Sleet's opinion on the overall case: perhaps it was obvious to try out 40 mg 3x/week etc.
"In summary, trial proceedings so far provide little reason to believe that district court may produce a different decision than the IPR on the first three Copaxone 2030 patents," Raffat said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Loses Bid to Revive '413, '250, and Third Capaxone Patent in IPR Review - Bloomberg
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Litigation, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!