Evercore ISI Downgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Sell
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Evercore ISI analyst, Ken Sena, downgraded Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) from Hold to Sell with a price target of $17.00 (from $18.00).
A real-time data source such as TWTR strapped to a large data and infrastructure stack could be very exciting, which is underlying some of the stock’s recent move. However, as broadcasting capabilities permeate competing social platforms, there is more risk than reward, particularly ahead of Snapchat’s anticipated monetization ramp this fall.
Where execution is concerned, the company’s 3Q revenue forecast implies just 5% growth at the midpoint, roughly 1/10th FB's recent rate, on roughly 1/10th FB’s revenue scale. Also, when adjusting for Stock comp, TWTR is trading at or above what Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) paid for Linkedin (NASDAQ: LNKD) in June.
Shares of Twitter, Inc. closed at $20.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Proofpoint (PFPT): Raising PT After A Stellar Quarter - Wells Fargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!