Evercore ISI Downgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Sell
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Evercore ISI analyst, Ken Sena, downgraded Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) from Hold to Sell with a price target of $17.00 (from $18.00).
A real-time data source such as TWTR strapped to a large data and infrastructure stack could be very exciting, which is underlying some of the stock’s recent move. However, as broadcasting capabilities permeate competing social platforms, there is more risk than reward, particularly ahead of Snapchat’s anticipated monetization ramp this fall.
Where execution is concerned, the company’s 3Q revenue forecast implies just 5% growth at the midpoint, roughly 1/10th FB's recent rate, on roughly 1/10th FB’s revenue scale. Also, when adjusting for Stock comp, TWTR is trading at or above what Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) paid for Linkedin (NASDAQ: LNKD) in June.
Shares of Twitter, Inc. closed at $20.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Evercore Trims Ests on Twitter (TWTR) Following Q3 Results; Workforce Reduction, Q4 Outlook Provide Uncertainty
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!